Congressman Lance Gooden (TX-05) Press Kit
For press inquiries, please contact Will Martin
- Committees/Subcommittees: Financial Services - Housing, Community Development, and Insurance; Diversity and Inclusion
- Elected: Assumed office January 3, 2019
- Previous Occupation: Insurance Broker and Risk Management Consultant, Three-term State Representative
- Education: B.A., Finance - University of Texas, Austin; Class of 2003
- Family: Married, Alexa Gooden; 1 Child, Liam Gooden
First elected in 2018, Congressman Lance Gooden represents Texas’ 5th District in the U.S. House of Representatives. The 5th District stretches from Dallas County to Cherokee, Henderson, Kaufmann, Anderson, Van Zandt and Wood Counties.
In the 116th Congress, Congressman Gooden is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services where he serves as the Vice Ranking Member on the Housing, Community Development, and Insurance Subcommittee. Prior to joining the U.S. House of Representatives, Lance served three terms in the Texas House of Representatives and spent 10 years working as an insurance broker and risk management consultant. Lance was a member of the Committees on Insurance and Public Education as a State Representative in Texas.
Lance and his wife, Alexa, now live in Terrell with their son, Liam.