Congressman Lance Gooden (TX-05) Press Kit
For press inquiries, please contact Will Martin
- Committees/Subcommittees: Financial Services - Housing, Community Development, and Insurance; Diversity and Inclusion
- Elected: Assumed office January 3, 2019
- Previous Occupation: Insurance Broker and Risk Management Consultant, Three-term State Representative
- Education: B.A., Finance - University of Texas, Austin; Class of 2003
- Family: Married, Alexa Gooden; 1 Child, Liam Gooden
First elected in 2018, Congressman Lance Gooden represents Texas’ 5th District in the U.S. House of Representatives. The 5th District stretches from Dallas County to Cherokee, Henderson, Kaufman, Anderson, Van Zandt and Wood Counties.
In the 116th Congress, Congressman Gooden is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services where he serves as the Vice Ranking Member on the Housing, Community Development, and Insurance Subcommittee. Prior to joining the U.S. House of Representatives, Lance served three terms in the Texas House of Representatives and worked in the insurance industry for 10 years.
Lance and his wife, Alexa, live in Terrell with their son, Liam.